Should you microchip your pet?
A pet is stolen or missing every few seconds in the U.S. Identification is crucial for being reunited with your pet, which is why we recommend microchipping. Collars and tags can break or get lost. Microchipping is a safe form of permanent identification. The implant only takes a few moments to perform and often this can be combined with a surgery appointment so your pet won’t feel a thing.
- 1 in 3 pets goes missing during its lifetime
- Without proper identification 90% of pets never return home
- The #1 cause of death for pets is getting lost
- Microchipping is quick and easy
- Microchips do not hurt your pet (no more discomfort than getting a vaccine)
- They are approx. the size of a grain of rice
- They do not require surgery for insertion
- Losing a pet may be easier than you realize
At Southlake Crossing Animal clinic we use HomeAgain Microchips. HomeAgain offers a very large lost pet recovery network that will last for the life of your pet. These microchips are also ISO Standard, which means that they are suitable for international travel. To learn more about microchips and why we trust HomeAgain please visit their link below.